CROCKPOT SAUSAGE & CHEESE TORTELLINI
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- italian sausage, hot or mild
- 20 oz
- three cheese tortellni (buitoni).
- 32 oz
- chicken broth (can use low sodium).
- 2 can(s)
- diced italian-style tomatoes (seasoned with basil, garlic, & oregano).
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, cut into cubes (can use low fat).
- grated parmesan cheese, for topping.
1Brown and drain sausage.
2Add the sausage and tortellini to your crockpot.
3Add cream cheese cubes.
4Pour the tomatoes, liquid and all, and broth over the sausage and tortellini.
5Gently stir to get everything evenly mixed making sure the liquids are covering the tortellini.
6Cook on LOW for a total of 4 1/2 hours. Stir at 2 hours and again at 4 hours. Remove the lid for the last 30 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken slightly.