Chow Mein-Beef, Chicken, Pork,BBQ Pork, Vegetarian
I enjoy using the wok that I bought back then but the recipe can also be prepared in a large frying pan.
This is a good use for leftover meat but can be made vegetarian by eliminating the meat.
- 8 oz
- chow mein noodles
- 1 lb
- fresh bean sprouts
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery, angle sliced
- 1 large
- cooking onion, sliced thin
- 2 - 3 c
- thin shredded cabbage or 2-3 stalks bok choy
- 6 - 8
- chinese mushrooms or 1 1/2 to 2 cups fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 - 1/3 c
- bamboo shoots slivered thin, 1 1/2 - 2 inches long
- 1 1/2 to 2 c
- cooked meat, slivered thin (optional)
- green onions, slivered (save some for garnish)
- egg for garnish
- 3/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- soy sauce
- 1 - 2 Tbsp
- oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 - 2 c
- beef or chicken stock
- peanut oil for frying or use an oil of your choice. must tolerate high heat so don't use olive oil.
Serve with vinegar, hot sauces and sesame seeds.