Basic Quiche filling
Depending on what you want in your quiche, you can serve this for breakfast, lunch or any time and it's very economical.
- 1 c
- eggs, large
- 1/2 tsp
- sea salt
- 2/3 c
- grated cheese, your choice
- 1/2 c
- mushrooms, canned (optional)
- 1/4 c
- peppers, chopped (optional)
- 6 oz
- crabmeat, any cooked meat, ham, sausage, bacon
- garnish , your choice (parsley, green onion)
1- 9 INCH PIE SHELL/ IF USING DEEP DISH ADD ANOTHER EGG AND 2 T. HALF-N-HALF
Pre cook any meat you decide to use as a filling. Set aside and cool.
Soften any vegies you plan to use, i.e. onions, celery, carrots, mushrooms in a saute pan with a little EVOO or canola oil. (Use spray if you're concerned about calories.) Cool.
Beat together eggs, half/half, and seasonings.
Add beaten egg mixture. Bake 35 min's or until center is firm. Let set 5-10 min's before serving.