Featured Pinch Tips Video
- one lb
- ground beef
- 1 large
- ripe tomatoe, diced, or 14 oz diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 medium
- lettuce head, shredded
- 7 oz can(s)
- green chile peppers (undrained)
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- 2 small pkg
- corn chips, crushed
- 16 oz can(s)
- refried beans
- 1 Tbsp
- crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 medium
- chopped onion
- 2 c
- monteray jack cheese, shredded
- 1 small can(s)
- jalepeno peppers, chopped (undrained)
- 1 pkg
- optional: 1 package taco seasoning
1brown ground beef, garlic, onion and salt and pepper until ground beef no longer pink. Drain grease from pan.
*optional: Stir in 1 package taco seasoning after grease is drained.
2On medium to low heat: In large pot, add beef ingrediants and shredded lettuce and cook until lettuce is wilted. Add can of refried beans, tomatoes, diced green chile peppers and jalepeno peppers. Mix ingrediants thoroughly. Stir in the mayonnaise, ketchup and small package of corn chips and 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese. Cover pot with lid and simmer for an hour or longer to enhance flavor, stirring occasionally. Top with 2nd package crushed corn chips and 1/2 cup cheese just before serving.
3This recipe can be adjusted very easily to individual tastes and the ingrediants can be doubled or tripled for a great crowd pleaser!
Serve with flour tortillas to make great burritos, or as a dip, serve with corn chips.
* This recipe can be made ahead in crockpot. Cook low for 4 hours or longer to enhance flavor, with exceptions of beef, onion and garlic which needs to be cooked ahead and then added to crockpot.