Frito Pie Quesadilla with Cream Cheese Salsa
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- burrito sized tortillas
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar, or montery jack cheese
- 1/4 c
- diced onions
- 1 can(s)
- chili without beans, I use wolf brand
- 1 c
- fritos, broken in to smaller pieces
- softened butter for spreading
- 8 oz
- hot salsa, I prefer herdez or my homemade "fire roasted red salsa"
- 4 oz
- softened cream cheese
FOR DIPPING SAUCE:
1Mix salsa and cream cheese together and set aside until serving.
2Heat griddle on medium heat while preparing the quesadillas.
3On half of a tortilla sprinkle cheese, onion, and dot with teaspoons of chili. Sprinkle with fritos. Close and spread top with butter.
4Place on hot griddle buttered side down and butter other side. Cook until golden brown and flip. Continue to cook until other side is golden brown and cheese has melted. Continue with the process until all quesadillas have been made.
5Slice and serve with cream cheese salsa.