Pesto Beef Sandwich
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- loaf, (12 to 15 inch) crusty sourdough baguette or french bread
- 1/3 c
- 3 Tbsp
- prepared pesto sauce
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1/2 c
- (3 ounce) goat cheese or crumbled feta
- 1 pkg
- (3 cups) mixed baby lettuces and spring greens
- 1 jar(s)
- (7 ounce) roasted red peppers, drained well or 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimientos, drained
- 1 1/4 lb
- cooked leftover roast beef, coarsely chopped or shredded (about 4 cups)
- black pepper
1Cut bread in half horizontally; remove center of bread, leaving 1- inch thick shell.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, pesto and lemon juice; spread mixture on cut surfaces of both halves.
2Layer cheese, salad greens, roasted peppers and roast beef over bottom half of bread. Season with pepper. Top with remaining half of bread. Cut into 6 wedges. Serve immediately.
3Note: Uncut sandwich may be tightly wrapped and refrigerated up to 2 hours. Cut into wedges to serve.