Bacon & Gorgonzola “Grilled” Cheese
jalepeno flavored bacon
sweet maui onions, sliced
cremini mushrooms, sliced
gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
honey wheat sandwich thins
11. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
22. Cover a baking sheet with foil and lay a metal cooling rack on top.
33. Lay bacon on rack and cook 20 minutes or til bacon is crisp.
44. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate
55. Toss sliced onions and mushrooms in bacon grease and cook in over 15 minutes or until veggies are soft
66. Pile ¼ of the veggie mix onto the bottoms of the sandwich thins
77. Top each with ¼ of the gorgonzola cheese
88. Cut the bacon slices in half and evenly distribute them on top of the cheese
99. Sop up any remaining bacon grease with the insides of the sandwich thins tops
1010. Put the tops on the sandwiches and cook in the toaster oven 5-7 minutes or til the cheese is melted and the sandwiches are browned.
Originally Posted: Tue, Sep 2, 2014