Pork Chop ~ Veggie Bake
I couldn't stop eating the veggies...savory, sweet from the carrots and onion...Yum! Hungry yet? :)
I hope you try it sometime...other than the baking, the only thing that takes times is the cleaning and slicing of the veggies. If you have a mandolin, that's the way to go...
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- center cut chops,( trim if fatty) salt & pepper - browned off in a skillet
- 1 large
- onion, sliced thin
- 2 medium
- turnips - sliced thin - mine were the thickenss of a slice of kraft american cheese
- 3 - 4 medium
- potatoes - sliced same thickness as turnip
- 3 - 4
- carrots - slices same thickness as the rest
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery - sliced
- & pepper
- 1 - 14.75 oz
- cream of mushroom soup - or your favorite
- 1 - 10.5 oz
- cream of celery soup
- soup can chicken broth ( using the larger can of soup)
- small can(s)
- french fried onion
ADJUST BAKING TIME FOR THICKER CUT VEGGIES, MINE WERE THIN AND TOOK ABOUT 1 HOUR AND 45 MINUTES
Spray a deep 9 x 13 casserole, or equivalent in size - such as small roaster, with non stick cooking spray.
Now, starting with potatoes, layer evenly on bottom of dish. Next carrots, celery, turnips and onions. In that order. Salt & pepper.
Uncover and bake another 20 - 30 minutes, or until veggies test tender.
Once vegetables are tender. Sprinkle top with french fried onions.