Pancetta and White Bean Pasta
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1//2 lb. finely chopped lean pancetta (1/2 inch cubes) or unsmoked ham or bacon
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup plum tomaatoes, put through a food mill
- 1 cup cooked cannellini (white kidney or navy beans)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb. pasta, dried or fresh
1Heat oil in large skillet or pan and cook pancetta, ham or bacon for about 4 minutes. Add onions and cook 3 minutes more; add garlic and cook a minute, but don't burn. Don't let pancetta, ham or bacon burn either. Add tomatoes and beans, salt and pepper and simmer til heated through.
2Meanwhile, cook pasta in rapidly salted boiling water. When al dente, pour a cup of boiling water into sauce. Drain pasta well and transfer to large bowl or platter. Mix in bean and pancetta mixture, blending well. Top with some grated cheese, and pass the remaining cheese. Serve at once.