~ Mom's Goulash ~
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 - 2 Tbsp
- 1 large
- each ~ onion, chopped & large green pepper, chopped
- 3 large
- cloves, garlic ~ minced
- 2 lb
- ground beef cooked & drained ~ sometimes she would split it up and use some italian sausage too
- 1 - 32 oz
- beef broth
- 30 oz
- each - chopped tomatoes & tomato sauce
- 1 tsp
- each - garlic salt, chili powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper - or to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- each - italian seasoning, worcestershire sauce & sugar
- 1 - 1 1/4 lb
- ( about 2 1/2 cups ) - elbow macaroni
- such as cheese & garlic bread
1In a dutch oven, add some oil and brown the peppers and onions until tender. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
Crumble the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain and return to pot.
Stir in the tomatoes, sauce, seasonings, broth & Worcestershire sauce. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer & stir in the macaroni and cover pot. Continue simmering for about 30 minutes.