Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 slice
- bacon (i prefer uncured bacon)
- 1 1/2 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs or a combination, cut into chunks
- 1 pkg
- fettuccine pasta, plain or basil flavored
- 3-4 clove
- garlic, crushed
- 1/4 c
- sun dried tomatoes, oil packed, chopped
- 1 pt
- grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 bunch
- baby spinach (organic is preferred) left whole or trim stems if necessary
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- olive oil, extra virgin and parmesan cheese to garnish
1Set a large pot to boil with lots of kosher salt or sea salt for the fettuccine. Cook according to package directions. Drain when done.
2In a skillet, fry bacon pieces until fat is rendered and they begin to crisp. Do NOT poor off the fat!
3Salt and pepper the chicken chunks and add to the bacon and fat and cook until no longer pink.
4Add garlic and sun dried tomatoes (if using) and saute 2 minutes. Be careful not to brown the garlic.
5Add chicken broth at this point and allow mixture to come to a boil.
6Reduce heat and add tomato halves, stir. Add spinach and cover to allow the steam to wilt the spinach.
7Once wilted (it only takes a minute or 2) stir the sauce and pour over the fettuccine. Toss and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of parmesan.