Broccoli Rabe with Beans and Fettuccini
Catherine Cappiello Pappas
- 1 head of broccoli rabe
- ½ cup of water or chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic – chopped
- 19 oz. can of red beans – drained
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 lb. of fettuccini
Cover and let gently simmer until the broccoli is tender. When the broccoli rabe is tender,snip the broccoli rabe with a cooking scissor to make small bit sized pieces, then add the lemon juice, salt and beans and toss. Cover and turn the heat off.
Prepare the fettuccini as directed.
Plate the fettuccini in a large serving bowl. Top with the broccoli rabe and toss. Add a drizzle of olive oil, grating cheese and a dash of red pepper flakes.