Thaksgiving Rice --- Rice and Turkey (Arroz con Pa
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 can(s)
- 1 complete turkey leg cut up into at least 8 pieces; or the turkey pieces of your choice
- 2 c
- long grain white rice
- red bell pepper, mostly chopped, leave a few strips
- onion, mostly chopped, but leave a few strips
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 c
- canned sweet peas, with the liquid
- 1/2 c
- canned tomatoes, mashed
- 4 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- 1 sprig(s)
- fresh cilantro or celery, chopped
- strings of saffron or coloring agent
- 1/2 tsp
- ½ teaspoon of your favorite herb or herbs and/or hot peppers (optional)
- salt and white pepper (about ½ teaspoon of each)
- 4 c
- turkey broth (recovered from boiling the turkey leg)
Next, prepare the stir-fry ingredientes in the same pan that your going to use for preparing the dish. This could be a special paella low sided, very wide pan, your turkey pan or just a plain large skillet, preferably non-sticking.
Once the stir-fry starts to brown, add the turkey pieces. Move them around for about a minute and then add the rice. Mix eveything (raw rice, turkey, and stir-fry). Powder with the herbs, add the turkey broth, the sweet peas, the saffron or coloring agent and the salt.
Use 2 1in-diced chicken breasts as a turkey substitute and you have the famouse ARROZ CON POLLO---Rice and Chicken!
In any case --- have a nice Thanksgiving with your family and friends!