Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Penne Pasta
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6 Tbsp
- 4 clove
- garlic, finely minced
- 2 bag(s)
- baby spinach
- 2 can(s)
- baby artichoke hearts, drained & halved or quartered
- large boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 3 c
- whole milk
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 c
- grated mozzarella cheese, part skim or regular
- 1/2 c
- low sodium chicken broth (less or more) only if needed
- 12 oz
- penne pasta, cooked until al dente
- 1/2 c
- seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
1On medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large, deep skillet. Add garlic and throw in the spinach. Stir until wilted, about 1 minute. Remove spinach from skillet and set aside.
2Add 2 tablespoons butter to the same skillet and raise heat to high. Throw in the artichokes & stir until they get a little color - about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the artichokes from skillet and set aside.
3Reduce heat to low. Add 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet. When melted, spinkle in the flour and whisk until combined. Pour in milk and whisk to combine. Let cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until starting to thicken. Add Parmesan, Mozzarella, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Stir to melt. If too thick, add in chicken broth if needed.
4Add the artichokes and cooked pasta, tossing gently to combine. Gently fold in spinach, then pour the pasta into a serving bowl (or casserole dish). Sprinkle the top with plenty of Panko Breadcrumbs for crunch and top with crushed red pepper flakes.