~ My Southwestern Chicken Salad ~
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp
- each - salt, paprika, sugar
- 2 tsp
- chili powder, hot
- 1/4 tsp
- each- cumin, garlic powder & cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- onion powder
- 1 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 1 tsp
- chicken buillon granules
- 1/3 c
- 1 c
- ice burg or romaine lettuce
- 1/8 c
- each - black beans, fire roasted corn, sliced black olives, fine diced sweet onion
- chopped roma tomato
- 1/8 - 1/4 c
- mexican cheese blend
- colors of crushed tortilla chips.
- 3 Tbsp
- ranch dressing - your favorite
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp
- taco seasoning - i use hot
FOR THE CHICKEN - I MAKE A BATCH OF THIS CHICKEN AND FREEZE INDIVIDUAL PORTIONS.
SALAD INGREDIENTS I USED - PORTIONS ARE 1 SALAD - DOUBLE OR TRIPLE TO YOUR NEEDS
DRESSING - YOU CAN MAKE AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE - THIS WAS MY MEASUREMENTS FOR 1 PERSON
Mix the spices in a small bowl. Set aside.
In a large skillet over med - high heat, add 1 - 2 tbsp oil.
Add chicken strips and cook until browning and no longer pink in center, turning to brown evenly. Add water and seasoning and cook for about 5 minutes - tossing to coat chicken evenly in seasoning.
Cool and bag for future use unless using all now for salads. I usually use 1/2 breast per salad.
Plate lettuce, add corn, beans, cheese, onion, tomato, chicken strips, olives and tortilla crumbles. Salt & pepper if desired.