Ginger and Garlic Chicken
Catherine Cappiello Pappas
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 lbs. boneless chicken breast – sliced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- for the marinade:
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic – crushed and chopped
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger – sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
Cover the chicken and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Prepare the rice as directed.
Heat a large frying pan and place the chicken slices in the pan. Do not overcrowd the pan.
When the chicken is golden on one side and slightly firm; turn over and finish cooking on the other side.
The cooking time will depend on how thin or thick the chicken is sliced.
When finished cooking the chicken place the frozen peas in the same pan and add one cup of water to the pan to cook the peas.
Plate the chicken and top with the peas and the side of rice.