Dragon Noodles with Chicken
Use chicken, beef, or shrimp. I've used a combination of chicken and shrimp on certain occasions - usually when I'm trying to impress someone.
- 1 pkg
- wide rice noodles - you find these at some nicer stores like safeway, or at an asian market. if you can't find the wide rice noodles, you can use the thinner ones, or you can substitute with fettuccine.
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts - sliced thinly. ( can use shrimp, or beef as well, or a combination of any two)
- 6 Tbsp
- 1 c
- soy sauce
- 1 - 1 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- sriracha sauce (or more) to taste
- 1/2 - 1 c
- peanuts - chopped or whole
- carrot, shredded, mushrooms, fresh cilantro, sliced green onions, minced garlic, minced ginger, crushed peanuts
Method 2: Bring large pot of water to boil. Dump in the rice noodles and turn off heat. Let noodles sit in the hot water for 7-9 minutes - depending on how soft you want them to be. I like mine soft, so I leave them in for about 9 minutes.
Put all ingredients for sauce in a small sauce pan and cook until butter is melted and sauce mixes well. (About 5 minutes) Taste and adjust the hot sriracha sauce to your family's taste. I also sometimes add about a 1/4 cup of beef broth or chicken broth to stretch the sauce.
NOTE: This recipe is easily adapted to the cook's imagination or taste. You can add minced garlic and ginger or even a tablespoon of peanut butter!
Note: This sauce can be made ahead and refrigerated in a mason jar for up to a week.
Add the cooked, drained noodles and sauce. Top with sliced green onions and chopped fresh cilantro.
Note: You can add the veggies (carrots and mushrooms, bell peppers, etc.) with the chicken and saute together.
This may sound difficult, but it's very easy and comes together quickly.