Chicken Saltimbocca with Mushrooms
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied or pounded to an even thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped
- 4 slices of prosciutto, trimmed to fit chicken breasts
- 2 slices provolone cheese, cut in half
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ cup dry white wine. (i use pinot grigio)
- 1-2 teaspoons of arrowroot
1Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
2Add flour onto a piece of waxed paper or on a plate. Dredge the chicken pieces through the flour, coating evenly and shaking off excess.
3In a large pan, over medium heat, melt 3 Tablespoons of butter along with the olive oil. When hot, add the floured chicken breasts and cook until golden brown, 5-8 minutes.
4Turn chicken over and continue to cook for another 5-8 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
5Sprinkle breasts with chopped sage. Top each breast with a slice prosciutto over the chopped sage.
6Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to pan along with mushrooms; sauté’ for 2 minutes.
7Add the wine and cook 15 minutes.
8Sprinkle in arrowroot and stir until slightly thickened.
9Add the cheese slice to each breast and cover pan with a lid; cook until melted. Spoon sauce over each chicken breast.