Chicken Broccoli and Ziti Alfredo
When I started cooking for a living I had to make sure it was consistent so I came up with this. This is the quantity I have used when catering as it makes approximately one half pan.
My daughter has been a server in a few restaurants and when we worked together she always had me make this for her shift meal. She says I make it better than the chef’s she has worked with.
Let me know what you think!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- ziti or penne with lines
- 2 large
- heads broccoli florets steamed
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- shallot minced ( if you don't have shallot use finely minced red onion (i won't tell)
- cloves of garlic minced ( or more i like a lot)
- 1 c
- cup chicken stock
- 2 c
- cups half and half (or you can use light or heavy cream but half and half works for me)
- 1 c
- cup grated parmesan cheese (more if freshly grated, or to taste)
4Add shallot and sauté until translucent.
5Add garlic and continue cooking until it is fragrant being careful not to burn.