Abuela's Chicken Fricasse
The nice thing about this recipe is that you can adjust the ingredients very easily dependent upon how many people you are cooking for. Enjoy!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- chicken thighs and drumsticks (can use more if you have a bigger family)
- 2 can(s)
- red pack brand petite diced tomatoes with sweet onion (can use more cans if you want it extra saucy)
- 2-3 clove
- fresh garlic chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- white sugar (optional - i like to cut the vinegar tang w/ sugar)
- 1/2 c
- green pepper strips
- 4 c
- cooked white rice (i prefer instant boil-in-bag basmati rice)
- 2-3 c
- cooked cubed potatoes (optional and boiled ahead of time)
1Remove skin from thighs and drumsticks of chicken and brown in a skillet or chicken fryer pan with a little olive oil on medium heat.
2Once chicken is browned on both sides, remove from pan and set aside.
3Add the strips of green bell pepper to the remaining oil in skillet and sauté until just tender. Add the chopped garlic to bell pepper in skillet and sauté until just fragrant.
4Add the 2 cans of diced tomatoes to the bell pepper & garlic in pan, add the balsamic vinegar and the sugar. Stir to combine. On Medium high heat, bring to a low boil.
5Once low boil occurs, lower heat to simmer and return chicken to skillet, add cubed cooked potatoes and cover. While chicken & potatoes are simmering, boil white rice according to package directions (if you choose to use instant rice) otherwise prepare regular long grain white rice ahead of time.
6When rice is finished, serve chicken fricassee over a bed of rice and enjoy!