Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 large
- 1 c
- sour cream **omit if vegan**
- 2 bag(s)
- morningstar crumbles **beyond meat or boca if vegan**
- 1 bag(s)
- frozen peas and carrots (3 cups)
- 1/2 large
- 1 pkg
- mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 c
- butter **earth balance if vegan**
- 1/4 c
- 1 can(s)
- swanson vegetable broth (2 cups)
- cheeeeeeeese **daiya if vegan**
- if you're feeling down right lazy, you can always use instant potatoes and instant gravy, but homemade from scratch is always best :)
1Mashed potato top:
(if you’re feeling lazy, just use instant mashed potatoes)
peel potatoes and boil until soft.
Drain them and mash them.
Add a little butter and the sour cream.
Season to taste (I personally add salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder) and mix thoroughly.
Heat your butter in the pan and toss in your mushrooms and onions. Coat in the butter and cook until soft. Sprinkle the ¼ cup of flour over the mushrooms and onions. Stir. The flour and butter should make a thick coating on your mushrooms and onions. Now pour in the can of broth and stir. Let it sit for a little bit and it should start to thicken. Once it’s thickened up a bit, throw in your crumbles and your peas and carrots and mix. (This, you can also season to taste. You can never go wrong with salt and black pepper.)
3Now, pour your filling in the pan. Put you mashed potato topping on top, and sprinkle generously with cheese ☺. Bake for about 30 minutes or a little longer if you want you cheese to brown a bit.