Skillet Beef and Vegetables
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips or cubes
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 cup baby carrots, sliced
- 1 cup baby broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or cornstarch
- hot cooked rice or garlic rice
1In a large skillet add the olive oil and cook the beef over medium high heat until well browned.
2Add the onion and salt and pepper; cook for 5-6 minutes more. Add 1 cup beef broth, carrots, and broccoli to the skillet and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender; covered.
3Mix together the ¼ cup broth and arrowroot to make a thick paste. Add to the simmering beef and vegetables, stirring well to blend, and let simmer to desired thickness.
4Serve over hot cooked rice.