Zucchini and Mushrooms with Fettuccini
This serves 10-12, so you may want to cut it in half.
I plan to add some chicken and garlic to the recipe. You will see my changes or additions below the original recipe, if you would care to use them.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- salt for pasta*
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil or cooking oil for pasta
- 12 oz
- 8 oz
- fresh mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 c
- butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 lb
- small zucchini, cut into 2 1/2 inch strips
- 1 c
- whipping cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 c
- butter or margarine, cut up
- 3/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c
- snipped italian parsely
- salt and pepper
- * * * * * * * *
- *will cut the 2 tbs. of salt to 1 tbs. for full recipe and cut to 1/2 tbs. for half a recipe
- *add 2-3 garlic cloves, minced to full recipe, 1-2 cloves minced for half a recipe
- *will add 12 chicken tenders to full recipe, 6 chicken tenders for half recipe
- *add olive oil to saute chicken tenders, as needed, don't go overboard
- *add 2 garlic cloves, minced to oil for 12 chicken tenders, 1 clove, minced for 6 chicken tenders
1*If using chicken, in this recipe, put a skillet on med. high heat; add oil & garlic, then chicken. Reduce heat, slightly as not to burn garlic. Saute, until brown on one side, then turned to brown other side. Reduce heat to low and add 2 Tbs. water. While, cooking chicken, start water to boil for fettuccini, as below.
2Bring water to boil in a Dutch oven or spaghetti pot with the 2 Tbs. salt & the oil. Cook pasta for 7 minutes; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sliced mushrooms, in the first 1/4 cup butter or margarine, over med-high heat, for 2 minutes. Set aside.
3While pasta is cooking, take chicken (if using)off of heat. Cut chicken tenders into pieces. Return chicken to covered skillet, return to heat, just on warm.
4In skillet with mushrooms, add zucchini, cream, and the remaining butter. Bring to boiling; simmer, covered, 3 minutes. Add chicken (if using) and stir to mix.
5Add pasta to mushroom (and chicken, if using) mixture in skillet. Add Parmesan and parsley, tossing, until all is mixed. Season to taste, with salt & pepper.
6Serve at once. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan, if desired. Makes 10-12 servings.