Smokey Three Cheese White Pizza
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 8 slices bacon
- 1tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- one 6 oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- one 12 inch mama mary's gourmet pizza crust, or any 12 inch prebaked pizza crust
- 4 oz. smoked swiss cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup freshly grated asiago or parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh italian parsley
1Preheat oven to 450. In medium nonstick skillet, cook bacon til crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Discard bacon grease. When cool enough to handle, crumble bacon and set aside.
2In same skillet, heat 1/2 Tbsp. of the olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté til tender and lightly browned. Stir in bacon and chopped artichokes and sauté til heated through; set aside.
3Brush crust with remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Arrange Swiss cheese slices over the crust.
4In a small bowl, blend the sour cream, blue cheese and garlic powder. Spread mixture over Swiss cheese on the pizza crust. Top with the onion artichoke mixture and sprinkle with Asiago or Parmesan cheese.
Put the pizza directly on the oven rack and reduce oven temperature to 425. Bake pizza for 10 to 12 minutes.
5Sprinkle pizza with chopped parsley and cut into wedges to serve. Serves 8