We often gather at my house on saturday for a football game and the kids love this pizza pie. We have a salad and sweet tea to complete the meal. It is an excellent way to start our day.
- 1 pkg
- 1 15-ounce package (2 crusts) folded refrigerated unbaked piecrusts
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 lb
- 1/2 pound bulk italian sausage or pork sausage
- 1/2-3 1/2 oz
- 1/2 of a 3-1/2-ounce package sliced pepperoni
- 1 can(s)
- 1 4-ounce can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 c
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella and/or cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 c
- 1 cup hot and spicy pizza sauce
- 1 tsp
- 1 teaspoon milk or water
1Let piecrusts stand at room temperature according to package directions. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle pie plate with cornmeal. Set aside.
2Unfold pie crusts. Transfer one of the crusts to prepared pie plate. Sprinkle one-third of the shredded cheese over bottom crust. Pour half of the Hot and Spicy Pizza Sauce over cheese. Top with the sausage-pepperoni mixture, another one-third of the shredded cheese, and the remaining Hot and Spicy Pizza Sauce. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
Cut several slits in remaining crust. Place top crust on filling. Trim and flute edge. Brush with milk or water.