Not too hard to make. Delicious result!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
★★★★★ 2 votes
- 1 medium
- eggs beaten
- 1/4 c
- parmesian cheese grated
- 1/2 c
- 1 1/4 c
- panko breadcrumbs italian flavored
- 1 small
- jar of tomato sauce
- 1 c
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 c
- olive oil
11. Peel and slice the eggplant into thin slices
22. Lay the slices out on a cookie sheet
33. Sprinkle salt on the eggplant
44. Take the jar of tomato sauce and mix the whole thing with 1 cup water in a bowl. It needs to be thin.
55. Beat the eggs with ¼ c parmesian cheese
66. Have 3 dishes ready – flour, egg mixture, bread crumbs
77. Rinse the eggplant quickly to remove some of the salt
88. Have glass casserole dish ready. Pour a little sauce on bottom.
99. Put ½ c olive oil in skillet and heat
1010. Dip the eggplant slices in flour, egg mixture and then in bread crumbs.
1111. Fry them in skillet until brown
1212. Layer them on the bottom of the casserole dish in single layer
1313. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over eggplant
1414. Ladle sauce over the layer
1515. Continue to fry the eggplant and make layers until all cooked up. Add more olive oil as needed
1616. Pour sauce over top and more shredded cheese
1717. Bake in 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes until bubbly.