Croque Madame (Ham and Cheese Sammie)
I made this dish for the Oscars and it was marvelous! I love a good ham and cheese and this one is over the top! It takes a little bit more effort but it is completely worth it. Hope you try it and love it as much as we did.
- gruyere cheese
- french bread, cut into slices (sandwichwidth)
- dijon mustard, i also like to use whole grain dijon i really love the texture)
- parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbsp
- butter for sauce, plus some for the eggs
- 2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- salt and pepper
- whole nutmeg grated don't use too much a pinch worth is good. (if you only have ground it will work)
- 8 slice
- black forrest ham (any ham would work, left over baked ham would be fab)
- italian parsley roughly chopped
2Add 1/2 + cup of gruyere cheese and 1/2 cup of parmesan and stir until smooth and the cheese is melted.Do not walk away from this sauce. Remove from heat.