Asparagus and Parmesan Tart
You can do this with Broccoli Florets too.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- ready-to-use refrig. pie crust
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 slice
- onion - thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 3/4 lb
- fresh asparagus, trimmed and blanched. cut into 1 inch lengths
- 4 oz
- philadelphia cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1/2 tsp
- lemon zest
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese - divided
1Preheat oven to 400 deg. F.
2Line a tart pan with crust. (use tart pan with removable bottom)Trim edge. Prick the bottom with a fork. Bake 10 to 12 min. or until it's lightly brown. Let cool.
3Heat oil in nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add onions, cook 10 min., stirring occasionally. they have to be caramelized. Spoon into the cooled crust and top with the asparagus.
4Beat the next 4 ingredients with a whisk until they are well blended. Add 1/4 c. of Parmesan. Mix well. Pour over the asparagus and top with remaining Parmesan Cheese.
5Bake 20 to 24 min.or until the filling is slightly puffed up and set in the center.