Newport Clams Casino en Casserole
You rarely see them on the menu any longer and I wanted some but couldn't justify making them for a week night dinner appetizer, so whoila` Clams Casino en Casserole.
Served with a side of spaghtetti dressed with garlic and olive oil and a huge salad and crusty bread and you will think you have moved by the sea.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 slice
- bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium
- red or green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small
- onion, finely chopped
- 3 clove
- garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp
- oregano, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 c
- dry white wine
- 1 c
- clam meat, chopped, uncooked, well drained see note
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ritz crackers, crushed
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated for topping
Bake in 350-degree oven for 25 minutes.