"Good Ole English Fish and Chips"
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 can(s)
- (12 oz) soda water
- 1/3 c
- ale or beer for taste
- egg, beaten
- 1 c
- rice flour you can use all pur flour instead
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 4 tsp
- salt more for seasoning
- 2 c
- rice flour for dredging
- 2 lb
- cod fish cut any way you want
- 6 c
- oil in a skillet or deep fryer add oil where your line is for frying.
- malt vinegar for serving
- 2 lb
- large russet or idaho potatoes
- cut into 1/2 inch slices the size of
- your index finger.
- tartar sauce, lemon, or ketchup
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
1Cut the fries the length of your pinky finger. Place in water 30min.
2Drain water when ready to cook. Have a deep fryer or skillet 325 degrees. Cook 5 minutes
3Fry then again 15 minutes. Drain and salt and place in oven till ready to use.
4For the fish add soda water, ale, and egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix together till smooth.
5Dredge the cut fish into the flour and soda water mixture. Let excess drip off.
6Fry till golden brown 5 minutes. Add lemon, tarter sauce and malt vinegar.
7Try this it works just as well. Buy fish batter in a box add your soda water and ale. Dip fish and fry.