French-Style Tuna Melt
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- french baguette, split lengthwise
- 6 oz cans solid white albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/4 c
- store bought black olive tapenade
- juice of l lemon
- 2 Tbsp
- extra-virgin olive oil (evoo)
- large shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 c
- (a small handful) flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 oz
- brie cheese, sliced/or variety of choice
1Preheat broiler to medium heat.
2Remove most of the soft bread "guts" from each side of the baguette and place on a cookie sheet. Transfer the sheet to the oven and broil until golden, about 1-2 minutes.
3Once the bread is toasted, combine the tuna, tapenade, lemon juice, EVOO, shallot, parsley, and thyme in a bowl and season with a little black pepper.
4Spread the tuna mixture over the dug-out part of the toasted baguette. Top with the sliced tomatoes and Brie Cheese and place under the broiler until the cheese has melted.
5Another variety of cheese such as Swiss or Mozzarella tastes great as a substitution, if Brie Cheese is not preferred.