FISH & POTATO SWEET & SOUR -SKILLET from Germany
Nancy J. Patrykus
I was in Koblenz,Germany to visit with my son (in the Air Force)& wife when my first grandson (Mark)was born in 1970.
They rented an farm apartment on the 2nd floor of a German family.
While there for 1 month, I also enjoyed many German dishes that the landlady & I cooked together. I came back home with many great recipes. This is one of them.
She spoke no English & I could not speak German.
But, Oh did we have fun..lots of sign language, laughter and beer!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6-8 medium
- potatoes, peeled cut in half, cooked then sliced. ... set aside
- 5 slice
- bacon.cooked & crumbled...... set aside
- 1-1/2 lb
- fish filets, your choice.....cod is best... i used flounder this time.
- 1/2-3/4 c
- flour, seasoned w/ salt,pepper & paprika
- 1 large
- onions.......chopped or sliced thin
- 3/4 c
- 3/4 c
- white vinegar
- 1/4 c
- white sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp
- parsley flakes
- 1-???? bottle
- cold german beer ...a liquid refreshment while cooking over a hot stove.