Caribbean Fish and Fresh Corn Roast
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/4 c
- lime juice
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 or 2 tsp
- prepared caribbean jerk seasoning*
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 medium
- green bell pepper, cut length wise into 8 slices
- 1 medium
- red bell pepper, cut length wise into 8 slices
- 1 1/4 lb
- cod, halibut or other thick, mild-flavored fish fillets, cut into 4 pieces
- green onions (scallions), trimmed to 5 inches long
- ears husked fresh sweet corn, cut into thirds
1Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
In a cup, combine lime juice, oil, Caribbean Jerk seasoning* and salt. Place peppers on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 5 minutes.
2Add fish fillets, green onions and corn to pan with peppers; brush fish and vegetables with the lime juice mixture. Roast just until fish is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes, turning once. Remove to a platter; garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
* To make your own Jerk seasoning:
Combine 1 teaspoon dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice, 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt.