Smokey Mountain Chicken
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- chicken breast per person, cut width-wise
- package of thick sliced bacon
- your 2 favorite shredded cheeses
- onion (chopped or cut into strips)
- bell pepper (chopped or sliced)
- mushroom slices or pieces
- salt, pepper, and italian seasoning
- i actually used roasted red pepper and sweet onion in mine. you can also change up your seasonings to taste!
1Cut your chicken breast width-wise(so 1 breast will make 2 rolls). Flatten breast to about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and italian seasoning. Take a slice of bacon and cut in half and lay side by side on chicken breast.
2Add onions and bell pepper and mushroom on top of bacon and then sprinkle cheeses on top. start at narrow end of chicken breast and roll tightly. Secure chicken with all filling inside by tying with twine or kite string.
3In a skillet on medium heat, saute chicken until no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet and place in a baking dish and put into a 375 degree oven for 30 mins. Remove from oven and top chicken rolls with remaining cheese and put back into oven for 10-15 mins longer.