~ Savory Chicken & Rice Bake ~ Easy & Delish!
I did tweak my moms recipe to include more sauce, but everything else is the same for the most part. My family just loves it and are never any leftovers, but if there were they'd be wonderful the next day. So tender you can cut the chicken with a fork.
Fix it and forget it, and no peeking!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 - 14.5 oz
- cream of chicken soup
- 1 10.5 oz
- cream of celery soup
- 1 c
- uncooked rice - i always use long grain
- 1 1/2 can(s)
- water - use one of the cream of chicken soup cans
- envelope dry onion soup mix
- 12 - 14 small
- chicken thighs - or 3 pounds
- 2 large
- chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise to make 4 breasts
- cracked black pepper
Spray a deep 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
Spread the cup of rice evenly on the bottom of dish. Arrange the chicken thighs on the inside edge of dish, then place chicken breasts in the center. Just move them around to fit. Don't worry if they overlap, they will cook.
Sprinkle evenly with soup mix.