"Ole Blue Eyes Italian Chicken and Potatoes"
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- whole chickens, split in half about 2 pounds each
- good sized potatoes, peeled and quartered
- medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jar
- marinated roasted red peppers, save the juice, and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp
- cavender's greek seasoning, it's in the spice section
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
1Wash and dry chickens and place in a foil lined roasting pan 9x13. Spray it with Pam nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle onions around the chicken.
2Place potatoes in a medium sized sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for at least 15 mins. Take off the heat, drain and place in the roasting pan around the chicken.
3Open the jar of roasted red peppers and pour the juice over all the ingredients in the pan. Place roasted red peppers over everything in the pan. Sprinkle the Cavenders' Greek Seasoning and salt and pepper over everything to taste. Add the 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Mix it up good with your hands. Rub it all in and under the skin, too.
4Place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees, and bake for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
Take out and let the entire dish rest for at least 15 mins. Serve and enjoy!