Oh boy oh boy….its a fajita kind of meal.
Irisa Raina 9
I have to admit I did not like the corn tortillas; I usually use the flour ones, and will go back to them from now on! But the rest of the meal was delicious!
EL PATO can be found on line at:
Some Wal-Mart’s have this in the ethnic isle.
And if you are lucky to live near a Mexican grocery store you can get it there. We have one not to far from us, in Lafayette so when I do go I try and stock up.
Achiote Rojo can also be found at MexGrocer.com.
- 6 - 8 corn or flour tortillas 10 inches “fried in oil” till brown
- 1- 27 ounce can of el pato mexican hot tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- juice from 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar “ more or less – to taste”
- 1teaspoon achiote rojo paste “you’ll need to soften this with 2 tablespoons of the hot tomato sauce first” optional
- 12 ounces of salsa “ i use my home made kind “ but you can use store bought as well
- 1 – ½ lbs. of cooked chicken
- zest from 2 limes sour cream add the zest to about 2 cups of sour cream for topping