Mushroom Chicken Cream Topping
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 medium onion, cut in 1/2 inch dice
- 1 fresh garlic clove, chopped
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut horizontally into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 cans mushrooms, 4 oz. each
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, half and half or milk
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- parsley for garnish
1Heat oil in medium to large saute pan over medium high heat. Saute onion, garlic and chicken strips til lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
2Add mushrooms with broth. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or til chicken is cooked through.
3In small bowl, add cornstarch to cream and stir til smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil and cook til sauce thickens. Stir well, then lower heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4Serve over rice, noodles or pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley. Serves 2