Melly's Chilaquiles Rojos
You're going to love this once you try it! Love at first bite.
Mi Abuelita is from Mexico City and Mi Abuelita Grande opened a restaurant here in San Diego in the 40's and she made Mexican food taste authentic without too much work. This is one of those recipes. Quick, easy, scrumptious, satisfying and authentic!
The only thing I changed was the amounts...I reduced the size to serve my family of 4.
- 28oz can tomatoes
- jalapeno peppers, stem removed, chopped
- 1 small
- yellow or white onion, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- chicken broth, low sodium
- 8 oz
- corn chips, triangle shaped
- 1 c
- shredded or chopped chicken (leftovers are great)
- mexican cheese (queso fresco) crumbled, to taste
- sour cream, to taste
- cilantro, chopped, to taste
FOR THE SAUCE
Spoon some tortillas, top with Chicken, cheese, sour cream, egg and cilantro. (in that order).