GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - BONNIE'S
Bonnie ^O^ @Utahn
The photo is my own and so is this humble recipe.
- drumsticks boiled in 12 cups water until done. use any cut of chicken, thighs or breast meat, leave skin on.
- large onion, chopped
- tablespoons minced garlic from jar
- tablespoons leaf marjoram (not ground)
- tablespoons chicken granules
- cup frozen peas
- cup sliced baby carrots
- cup chopped celery
- 16 ounce package of grandma's fresh frozen egg noodles, wide kind (don't substitute)
- black pepper to taste
- a little olive oil to fry vegetables
Boil the drumsticks in the water until done. Save the water to make the soup. Refrigerate.
PREPARE GRANDMA'S NOODLES
(These are NOT the regular wide curly kind) Follow the instructions on the package that say to slit the plastic and microwave 1 minute. Remove and separate the noodles and spread them out on a cookie sheet.
Remove skin and bones from the drumsticks and discard. Save the chicken and the broth. Chop the onions, celery and carrots and saute in a large dutch oven in a little olive oil. When the vegetables are tender, add the minced garlic and stir a couple of times. Add the chicken stock, chicken granules, pepper, marjoram,and the chicken to the pot. Simmer covered over low heat until the vegetables are done. Add Grandma's noodles and bring soup to a low boil and cook until noodles are tender and to your preference. Add frozen peas. Check seasoning. Cook until peas are done.