Gingered Chicken And Fried Rice
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- chicken drumsticks
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped (2 tbsp.)
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 2 large
- carrots, chopped or sliced
- 1 pkg
- cooked long grain rice (14.8 oz.)
- 8 oz
- sugar snap peas
- 1/2 c
- chopped red sweet pepper
- eggs, beaten
- sliced green onions (optional)
- soy sauce and or toasted sesame oil (optional) i like to drizzle it over the rice just before serving)
1In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon cooking oil over medium-high. Add chicken, half of the ginger and soy sauce. Brown chicken on all sides. add 1/2 cup water, cook covered, 15 minutes or until no pink remains in chicken.
2In a covered microwave-safe dish place carrots, remaining ginger, and 2 tablespoons water. Cook on high 4 minutes. Add rice, peas and pepper; Cook 5 minutes, stir twice.
3Remove chicken and juices. Wipe skillet with paper towels; return to heat. Add eggs, cook and stir 30 seconds to scramble. Stir in rice mixture, heat through. Serve chicken and juices with fried rice, onions and soy sauce.