Garlic White Pizza W/ Chicken and Ricotta
I started with a homemade crust. Butter, olive oil and fresh minced garlic on the crust..followed by spices, Parmesan cheese, dollops of seasoned ricotta cheese, seasoned chicken, ending with mozzarella cheese and more seasonings.
You can make this as garlicky as you want. I added some garlic powder also and red hot pepper flakes.
I made two. One is with veggies the other without. They are delicious either way!
I favor this pizza over traditional
I hope you try it..
- 4 1/2 c
- bread flour, or can use all purpose flour. i like the bread flour for crusts
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil ( i used 1 to cut down on fat)
- 1 pkg
- (1/4 ounce) quick rise yeast
- 2 c
- warm water 110 - 115 f.
- 2 - 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- basil, oregano, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper
- 3/4 c
- grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 2 c
- mozzarella or 4 cheese blend ( that's what i used)
- boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces - seasoned and sauteed
- 1/2 c
- ricotta cheese, mixed with 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon parsley, and salt and pepper ( this is optional) but is so good.
HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH ( THIS IS FOR 2 CRUSTS) OR USED STORE BOUGHT
PIZZA INGREDIENTS ( FOR 1 PIZZA, DOUBLE FOR TWO)
In a bowl, measure 2 cups warm water ( not hot) 110 - 115 F. Dissolve the yeast in water and add the sugar. Set aside.
I use my kitchenaid mixer with dough hook. If you don't have, mix in a large bowl by hand.
Put the flour, oil and salt in the bowl, attach dough hook, blend the flour, salt and oil; add the yeast water, mix until forms a ball.
Grease round pizza pan or jelly roll pan. I used both, and I add corn meal for added crunchiness. Up to you.
Next the mozzarella.
Vegetables and more seasonings if desired.
**** This picture is with chicken and cheeses and onion only.
This picture was cheeses, onion, red bell pepper, chicken and mushrooms. Yum!