Easy and Delicious Sweet and Sour Chicken
Photo by me.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 if small)
- 1 Tbl.
- vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup
- packed dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbl.
- (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks in heavy syrup; or in juice is fine, too
- 1/3 cup
- white or rice vinegar
- 1 Tbl.
- soy sauce, i use low sodium
- of an 8 oz. box frozen sugar snap peas, or can use pea pods, optional
- (8 oz.) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- baby corn ears packed in water, rinsed and drained, or can use frozen (thaw)
- red or green bell pepper, diced large, optional
Stir in pea pods and baby corns and continue to cook 5 minutes longer, uncovered, stirring ocaisionally and gently. *If you'd like, you can add a small can of mandarin oranges (DRAINED) to this at this point. But just fold them in and serve immediately. I like them in there, but they do tend to water down the sauce a bit, so be careful if adding them. BARELY fold them in and serve right away. *Bell peppers are also very good in this, I LOVE it in there myself!! I add it at the beginning when cooking and thickening the sauce. So, just add whatever vegetables you like.
Serve all over cooked rice.
*This is also REALLY good with meatballs instead of chicken. And I imagine, leftover chunks of pork roast or baked ham could also be used.