David's Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 c
- cooked cubed chicken, about 1 inch pieces
- 2 (12 0z.) pkg
- frozen broccoli florets cooked and well drained. i use the microwavable steam bag brand. do not overcook.
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz
- velveeta cheese block
- 1 c
- miracle whip (not mayo, too oily)
- of pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- curry powder or more to taste
- 1 (6 oz.) can(s)
- 1 large can (6 oz.) of durkee fried onions
- 8 oz. can(s)
- water chestnuts chopped (optional)
- 8 0z. can(s)
- mushrooms (pieces and stems) optional
1In a large pot of kettle, over medium low heat, melt cheese, soup and Miracle Whip.
2add dash of pepper and curry powder.
3add chicken and mix well
4Add drained broccoli florets and mix well. Some florets might need to be sliced in half if too large. Add water chestnuts and DRAINED mushrooms if desired.
5mixture will be thick, but do not dilute
6Pour mixture in a 9x13 in. glass dish sprayed with Pam.
7cover with aluminum foil and make several knife slots in foil to allow steam to escape.
8place casserole dish on a cookie sheet and bake on middle over rack at 400 degrees for approximately 40 minutes or until heated through.
9Remove from oven and remove aluminum foil. Mix. Sprinkle Durkee Fried Onions over the top of the casserole.
10Return casserole on cookie sheet uncovered and bake an additional 5 minutes or until onions turn golden brown. This will happen quickly.
11remove from oven and let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!