Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 4-5 skinless boneless breasts)
- onion diced
- 2 clove
- garlic crushed or microplaned
- rib of celery chopped finely
- baby carrots (or 1 large carrot sliced into coins)
- 3-4 c
- chicken broth to cover chicken and vegetables
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup, fat-free
- 1 can(s)
- (5 biscuits) cut in half and each half cut in thirds (or homemade biscuits made and cut as instructed)
- 1/4 c
- flour for dusting (i use whole wheat)
AFTER 5 HOURS IN CROCK POT:
1Place chicken thighs in a single layer on the bottom of crock pot (You can also use 4-5 boneless skinless breasts)If you are pressed for time, you can put them in the crock pot frozen, they will cook well in 5 hours.
2Add diced onion, garlic, celery, baby carrots on top of the chicken followed by the 3-4 cups of chicken broth to cover the meat and vegetables.
3Add both cans of cream of chicken soup and stir.
Set crock pot to high and cook for 5 hours.
4After 5 hours of cooking, Cut biscuits in half and cut each half into thirds. Dust with flour and place in chicken soup. Stir.
5Cook for an additional 45 minutes to one hour on high until biscuits are cooked through. Serve in bowls! Enjoy!