Courvoisier Walnut Chicken
What I do know it is an recipe from England.
Usually I made it when we had company coming, instead of Stroganoff.
I have used pecans instead of walnuts at times..but there is nothing better then an English Walnuts to make this with.
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- leek, trimmed and rinsed well..you'll need about 2 cuts
- 3 Tbsp
- sea salt
- freshly ground mix of peppers, black, red, pink, green
- 2 Tbsp
- or more of courvoisier or any fine congac or brandy
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2 c
- walnuts or pecans, chopped not to fine
- 1/8 tsp
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp
- freshly chopped shallots
Toast your nuts sightly.
Cut the chicken breasts into strips. About 1/4". If not cut the chicken breast in strips.
Then add the chicken, leeks, shallots and nuts. Heat all ingredients together and serve with rice or noodles.
My favorite way of serving this is in Petridge Farm puff pastry cups. With baby peas.