Chinese Chicken Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 tsp
- salt (i usually use 1 1/2 tsp.)
- 4 tsp
- 2 tsp
- accent flavor enhancer (i usually use 1 1/2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 tsp
- white vinegar
- 3 tsp
- sesame seed oil
- 1/2 c
- light olive oil (light in flavor)
- cooked chicken breasts, shredded (store bought rotisserie chicken is great for this! even 1 shredded chicken breast is sufficient)
- 1/4 to 1/2
- green cabbage head, finely shredded
- 1 to 2
- romaine lettuce heads, cut into 1/2 to 1 inch width strips
- 1 bunch
- fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (pile/roll them up then cut like you would basil)
- green onions, sliced at an angle
- 1 each
- red, orange & yellow bell peppers, julienne sliced (i use the mini ones so i use 2 each color)
- 1/2 to 2/3 c
- roasted & salted peanuts, chopped (a quick way is to put them in a plastic bag and smash with a cast iron pan :)
- 1-2 Tbsp
- roasted/toasted sesame seeds (i use roasted flax seeds as they are the same size & healthy!)
- approx. 1 c
- chow mein noodles, crunchy kind
DRESSING - (DOUBLE DRESSING RECIPE)
Combine the first 5 ingredients (salt, sugar, accent, pepper, white vinegar)in a shaker type container or a container with a screw cap lid. Shake for one minute.
2Add sesame seed oil and olive oil.
Shake again for one minute.
A reaction takes place in which the dressing thickens. Place in refrigerator while you prepare the salad.
Prepare each ingredient as indicated and place into a LARGE salad bowl (except the chow mein noodles) then toss to combine everything.
4Pour about 1/3 of the dressing recipe over salad and toss, toss, toss! Top each serving with the chow mein noodles. (It will appear at first like there is not enough dressing but you will see as you toss that it's plenty. Of course you may add more if you want but it is a very potent dressing so I caution you to start with 1/3 of the recipe first, toss the salad and taste before adding more.)