Chicken with Pepperoni Marinara Sauce
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 tsp
- minced garlic
- 16 -20 slice
- pepperoni, chopped
- 1/4 tsp
- dried oregano
- 1 1/2 c
- of your favorite marinara sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb
- chicken cutlets (i used chicken tenders--and i've used frozen and thawed, both work)
- salt and pepper
- 1 c
- shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
11. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat and coat the pan with cooking spray. Add garlic and pepperoni chunks; stirring frequently cook for 2 minutes or until garlic begins to brown.
3. Stir in oregano and stir for 30 seconds. Add marinara sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in chopped basil. Set sauce aside.
4. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat and coat with olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in the skillet and cook for about 5-10 minutes (depending on if you're using frozen or thawed) or until lightly browned turning chicken half-way through.
5. Spoon sauce over the chicken and sprinkle mozzarella cheese. Place in broiler until cheese melts. Remove and garnish with additional basil leaves (optional