~ Chicken Taco Pizza ~
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 lb
- thinly sliced, boneless chicken breast
- onion chopped
- jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 tsp
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- each - cumin, chili powder, onion powder, italian seasoning
- 1 tsp
- dried garlic flakes
- 1 - 15 oz
- tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 oz
- taco seasoning
- about 1/2 tsp
- 1 - 16
- inch pizza crust or 2 - 12 inch
- 3 - 4 c
- mixed cheeses - i used a combo of what i had - montery jack, mozzarella and cheddar
- green onion, sliced - tops too
- lettuce, tomato, black olives, green onion, sliced jalapeno's taco sauce, sour cream, nacho chips, corn chips, whatever you like on your taco's
Place on cooling rack for a few minutes, then add your other toppings as you would for a taco.
1 pkg - active dry yeast
1c water, warm
2 1/2 cups - flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp olive oil
Done in my kitchen aid mixer.
Get yourself a cup of warm water. Sprinkle in the sugar and stir. Now sprinkle the dry yeast over the water and leave alone. When frothy, pour into bowl of mixer.
Add the flour, salt and oil. I use my mixing beater until incorporated, then switch to my dough hook and mix on low - med speed for 6 - 8 minutes or until dough is good and smooth.
Cover with a tea towel and let rest for 30 - 35 minutes.
Once dough has rested. I always grease my pizza pans with olive oil and sprinkle with corn meal. This dough spreads very easily.
Spread into your pan and I always par bake for 5 - 10 minutes at 450 degree F. I bake my pizzas at the same temp. On the lowest oven position.