Chicken Sausage with Penne and Pesto
The hardest part of this is slicing the peppers and onion. My husband would rather have this than a steak!
- 1 pkg
- chicken sausage with asiago & spinach sliced
- one each color bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- sweet onion cut in half from bloom to root and thinly sliced
- 12 to 16 oz
- whole wheat penne pasta cooked
- 1/3 c
- prepared pesto (more or less to taste)
- olive oil, extra virgin
- parmesan cheese
1Heat large skillet with olive oil over medium high heat. Add sliced sausage and brown. Add peppers and onion and cook till tender crisp. Toss cooked penne with prepared pesto. Serve sausage and peppers over the penne and sprinkle with fresh shredded parmesan.